Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Io's transformation, inu yasha 1

I got part-way through the Io story today, up to the story of Syrinx. I guess it's been a long time since I read the story (or maybe my translation wasn't so good), but I didn't remember how cold Io's rape is. Zeus woos her for something like 2 lines, notices that she's fled, and in the next line brings down the cloud of darkness and "rapuit pudorem". As bad as Apollo is in the preceding story, he comes off way better than Zeus does.

I've also decided to read more of "Inu Yasha" (I've got a bunch of unread volumes sitting around). But first I decided to refresh my memory of the details by starting over from the beginning (it's a good excuse to read a wonderful comic, anyway). I've always wondered how much she had planned out--inu yasha seems much worse at the beginning than he does later when we learn his motivation. But did Takahashi actually write him with that in mind?

No comments: